Church and Dwight has an excellent opportunity for an Electro Mechanical Technician at our Manufacturing facility in Lakewood, New Jersey.
This is a seasoned manufacturing plant electrician with responsibilities for both building systems as well as for the industrial equipment used in the production process. Current computer software and electronics skills are needed to interface with updated equipment and tools. Technicians will be called upon to apply other facilities maintenance skills in support of plant maintenance and repair requirements.
1. Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical, electronic systems, control and components of industrial machines, tools and production/utility equipment.
2. Perform diagnostic tests, repair or replace electronic control or related components on industrial equipment, tools and other related production equipment.
3. Plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in machinery and buildings.
4. Diagnose, repair and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment. Including but not limited to seals, gaskets and bearings on motors, pumps, gearboxes, conveyors, etc.
5. Perform PLC system troubleshooting for production machinery and equipment. Programming ability a plus
6. Troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drive (VFD)
7. Perform low and high voltage installations. Plan layout and installation of electrical circuits
8. Creation of basic panel layout drawings and panel construction.
9. When necessary, make modifications in electronic control systems.
10. Conduct preventative maintenance schedules. Perform routine electrical and mechanical inspections, repairs and maintenance on plant equipment (i.e.-emergency lighting, motors, switchgear, smoke detectors, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong knowledge of electrical power and control, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical principles.
2. Strong working knowledge of AC and DC motors, PLC’s, relay control and analog control systems.
3. Proficient using all electrical measuring instruments.
4. Working knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures, NEC rules and regulations.
5. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
6. Good teamwork and communication skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
7. Must have computer skills necessary to interface with machinery programs. Ability to operate a forklift.
8. Black seal boiler operator license desirable or ability to obtain one.
Educations and Experience: Minimum five (5) years as an industrial electrician (approx. 70% of position requirement) with mechanical equipment repair (approx. 30% of position requirement). Candidates must be able to speak to their work experiences in fast paced manufacturing facilities; preferably in consumer product goods, food or pharmaceutical industries. Applicants will demonstrate their willingness to work in compliance with regulatory agencies and be able to speak to FDA/GMP requirements.
Job will require working from lifts, ladders, scaffolds and roofs in order to install, maintain or repair electrical/mechanical equipment, controls and wiring work.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.