Church and Dwight has an excellent opportunity for a Packaging Line Mechanic at our Manufacturing facility in Lakewood, New Jersey.
Responsible for change overs and repairs of packaging equipment to ensure maximum operation with minimum downtime.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Must demonstrated competency in all of the following skills:
1. Quick Change Over. (SMED) Team Leader.
2. Electrical/advance Electrical Troubleshooting
3. Preventative Maintenance of packaging machinery
4. PLC (Process Logic Control)
5. Motor and Gear Alignment
2. Unit and Case coding
3. Should be capable go on line, diagnosis problems, and program setups to new packaging sku’s.)
4. Must be able to run effectively at a minimum without retraining all types of Production lines from the following; Dental, AP/DEO, Nair, Household, Display, and Aerosol.
5. Must be able to change over, maintain, and repair on all phases of packaging equipment with no supervision.
6. Must be able to interact with other departments to establish root causes pertaining to production issues and how to resolve them.
7. To interact with supply and machine venders to the issues concerning production lines.
8. Must show the ability, with minimum supervision, to troubling shooting all packaging equipment.
9. Must be able to use basic machine shop power tools. (Drill press, Band saw, etc…)
10. Must have ability to change over, maintain, and repair packaging machinery and related equipment in the required timeframe.
11. Alert management in a timely manner to any mechanical issues that could possibly shutdown, and/or effect efficiencies on packaging lines. Maintain daily logs of the line.
12. In conjunction with Production Supervisor and Line Lead, train and develop Operators, Line Technicians, and Line Leaders on operating packaging equipment.
13. Perform routine and scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment, troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and identify persistent problems to ensure maximum operation and minimal downtime.
14. Perform scheduled set-ups and changeovers.
15. Perform repair/replacement of equipment on production lines with appropriate follow-up documentation.
16. Determine the root cause of equipment failure and execute actions to prevent future occurrence.
17. Ensure packaging line equipment is running efficiently.
18. Maintain a clean work environment.
19. Adhere to department’s GMP’s, JSA’s and SOP’s
20. Wear appropriate PPE. .( Ear protection, Hairnets and eye protection, Steal Toe Shoes)
21. Adhere to all safety procedures.
22. Perform other duties as assigned
1. Full knowledge of hand tools required.
2. Strong mechanical trouble shooting skills.
3. Ability to train and develop operators, Line Technicians and Line Leaders in the operation of packaging equipment and to assist in line set-up, changeovers & PM’s.
4. Must possess attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks and maintaining workstation.
5. Computer literate including MSWord/Excel
6. Must possess working knowledge of FDA and GMP regulation. Experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and Five S practices will be a plus.
Education and Experience:
1. 1. HS diploma or equivalent required. Relevant vocational/technical school certifications preferred.
2. 2. Candidate must demonstrate at least 2 years experience as a packaging line mechanic in a food, cosmetic or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. (Certificate of completion and/or demonstrated competence in PLC training and programming.)
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist and crawl in order to work in and around equipment. May need to work for periods in awkward positions.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. from floor to workbench or waist to shoulders